Re: [OT] SCO is going all out now

From: Rich Johnson (
Date: 07/22/03

    Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:26:49 -0400
    To: debian-user <>

    On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 12:32 AM, Brian McGroarty wrote:

    > SCO has made no claims against the 2.2 kernels.
    > If worst comes to worst and SCO finally show some incriminating code
    > in 2.4, stepping back to 2.2 until the relevant bits are purged from
    > 2.4 is all anyone should need to do to cover their assets in countries
    > where this becomes an issue.

    InformationWeek ( in
             SCO Group claims that Unix has been used to accelerate the
    development of Linux
             in two key ways--line-by-line copying of Unix System V source
    code into the Linux
             kernel and copying derivative Unix code that enables
    multiprocessing capabilities.

    I have no multiple processor machines. Why on earth would I be pay a
    penny to license multiprocessing capabilities which I can't use?

    I guess I'll be going back to 2.2 until this nonsense blows

    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to