Advanced routing question

From: Haim Ashkenazi (haim_at_babysnakes.org)
Date: 07/27/03

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:10:39 +0300

    Hi

    I'm trying to combine 2 linux firewalls/routers together. the final host
    should have the following ports:

            1. eth0 - 256kbps frame relay.
            2. ppp0 (via eth1) - pppoe adsl with dhcp.
            3. eth2-3 - 2 DMZ's.
            4. eth4 - localnet.

    The default route is ppp0.

    Here's the problem: If I'll connect to the firewall from the internet through
    eth0 (or even connect to the dmz through the firewall's eth0) wouldn't it try
    to respond through ppp0 (the default gateway) which will make the connection
    impossible?

    Bye

    --
    Haim