RH to Debian conversion help

From: Scott (ReplyToListOnly_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/03/03

    To: "Debian" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
    Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:53:56 -0500

    Greetings:

    Can someone familiar with debian and Redhat help me wth these
    configuration questions?:

    As one familiar with RH knows, Redhat has may of it's configuration
    files located in /etc/sysconfig. That favor is gone with debian,
    which is fine, I just need to figure out where everything went.
    Before I spend hours tracking these down, I hoped someone already knew
    and could tell me where the configs are for these items normally used
    in RH's /etc/sysconfig/xxx?:

    1. authconfig - used to turn on/off MD5 passwords

    2. hwconf - shows what hardware is in place

    3. init - toggle boot/shotdown text style (color or not)

    4. syslog - syslog configuration including syslogd options

    I think I found the rest I need.

    Thanks as always very much for the time to help.

    Cheers,
    Scott