default keymap

ZekeVarg_at_linux.nu
Date: 10/05/03

    Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:25:13 +0200
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    How do I change the default keymap to be loaded at boot?
    I tried to run "dpkg-reconfigure console-tools" and change from us to se keymap, but still I get the us keymap loaded during boot.
    I checked around on google and came up with the result that the file /etc/sysconfig/keybord should be edited, but that file diden't exist on my system, so I searched on and found a posting on skloelinux (a debian-based distubition) telling me that debian no longer use that file.
    Regards Zeke

    • Re: Tracking boot messages
      ... issues a message during boot that goes something like this: ... Setting up console font and keymap ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Tracking boot messages
      ... issues a message during boot that goes something like this: ... Setting up console font and keymap ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: console keymap and console-setup
      ... sets the appropriate keymap, so whatever is going on during boot up, ... I never actually tried to play around with this myself, ... for each boot. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: VICE with patch available for Debian (Lenny or what ever) one day?
      ... Following is the keymap I made for x64, stripped of the bulky comments in ... And as you can imagine, the keymap would be different for xplus4, x128, ... to put an existing hard drive in, or see to get an USB key and hope I an ... case the old notebook cannot boot from USB)), ...
      (comp.emulators.cbm)
    • Re: default keymap
      ... > How do I change the default keymap to be loaded at boot? ... > a posting on skloelinux (a debian-based distubition) telling ... Get my GPG key here: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x21C61F7F ...
      (Debian-User)