Re: USB not working, Need Help

kmark_at_pipeline.com
Date: 10/06/03

    Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 04:32:39 -0400 (EDT)
    To: "Ralph F. De Witt" <ralphdewitt@charter.net>

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Ralph F. De Witt wrote:

    > On Monday 06 October 2003 12:12 am, Marshal Wong wrote:
    > > First off, did you recompile the kernel or are you using a stock
    > > kernel?  Did you load the usb modules?
    > >
    > > I don't know how well you know linux, so if you've already done all
    > > that, please forgive.  Let us know what steps you've taken and any error
    > > results and maybe we can help you more.
    > Marshal:
    > Thanks for your quick reply. To answer your questions. This Debian install
    > start out as Knoppix 3.2. As I failed to get Woody to install, could not get
    > x to work. This is the stock kernel that installed from Knoppix. It is the
    > 2.4.22 xfs kernel. I did a upgrade to SID. I did a lsmod and it showed the
    > usbcore and usb-uchi modules loaded. Yesterday my three usb devices and the
    > usb system stuff showed in the KDE info center today after a upgrade to SID
    > and reboot they do not show and xsane cannot find the scanner. My thinking is
    > that in converting the Knoppix install to Sid something broke the USB system,
    > I can see the usb modules loaded with lsmod but do not know what else to do
    > to trouble shoot the problem.
     is there any relevant info in /var/log/messages
    is usbmgr installed?
    I use usbview to view the usb info.
    HTH
    -Kev

    • disabling USB in install kernel
      ... I'm trying to get FreeBSD installed on a Sony VAIO U50, ... kernel never gets past probing the USB devices and I can't for the life ... of me work out how to disable USB. ... The ports are all USB2, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: HP DL320 G4 and USB problem
      ... We have a batch of HP DL320 G4's hanging around that have some funky USB ... hardware that give the kernel fits. ... virtual keyboard that keeps reregistering itself over and over again. ... It took me nearly a full day to install Debian on 2 of these ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: F13: Latest kernel & NetworkManager updates broke rt2870 wireless connection [SOLVED]
      ... usb 1-4: USB disconnect, address 3 ... try to yum update and reinstall new kernel. ... I noticed there is something weird from the dmesg, ... in order to move forward so when you yum install a kmod module, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: DigiVox A/D TV-Tuner issue
      ... I installed kernel 2.6.25 image and headers and recompiled the v4l-dvb ... I think the last remaining issue is that of the firmware. ... The page below gives some info about USB standards. ... unless you install a later kernel. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: ndiswrapper, wireless driver and 64 bit kernel
      ... I'm running a combination of etch and sid on an HP Pavilion dv8000z ... I ran ndiswrapper and it ran successfully. ... Is it because the ndiswrapper is from a different kernel, ... I tried using module-assistant to install ndiswrapper from source today ...
      (Debian-User)