ssh command passing

From: Rus Foster (rghf_at_fsck.me.uk)
Date: 10/24/03

    Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:00:17 +0100 (BST)
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hi All,
    I'm sure this is something stupid but I'm running the following command
    and its not working

    base-2.05a$ ssh remotehost find /home -name .bash_history -exec grep foo
    {} \;
    find: missing argument to `-exec'

    I've tried quoting it, escaping it..What am I doing wrong?

    Rus

    --
    w: http://www.jvps.com  | Linux + FreeBSD Servers from $15/mo
    e: rghf@jvds.com        | Dedicated Servers from $119/mo

    • Re: ssh command passing
      ... > I've tried quoting it, escaping it..What am I doing wrong? ... find: missing argument to `-exec' ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Excercices
      ... Command line systems using spaces between commands, options, ... and file names were around long before unix. ... quoting or escaping, but it is always less convenient. ...
      (alt.lang.asm)
    • Re: Excercices
      ... Command line systems using spaces between commands, options, ... and file names were around long before unix. ... quoting or escaping, but it is always less convenient. ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • ld.so.1: fatal ImportError: ld.so.1 No such file or directory
      ... you've GOT to finnd the missing file! ... This command above should go in your rc file, eg, ~/.tcshrc, ~/.cshrc, ... If you are still having trouble, ... try section-3 below, but then you're on your own. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Changing printer settings with Rundll32 - XP Embedded
      ... I will try to upload the FileMon log file tomorrow at on the XPEFiles.com ... related if the error is there not due to a missing component. ... DependencyWalker showing missing msjava.dll is typically a bogus message. ... did you make sure Print Spooler service is running before you issued that command? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)