Re: recommended Virus Scanner?

From: Paul Johnson (baloo_at_ursine.ca)
Date: 11/26/03

    Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:16:12 -0800
    To: Debian-User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    • Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?
      ... To try to install Debian 6, I downloaded, as advised on the Debian web site, the Debian 6 netinst iso file, wrote it to a CD, and tried to install Debian 6, using it. ... I assume that the times are the download time and the time that the file was written to the CD. ... When I booted the target computer, with the CD in the optical drive, it was bypassed in the boot process, which went directly to the HDD. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: what is where in the iso-images
      ... (I used the german debian homepage since ... want a debian with kde, you should download this file: ... found) I need to download THIS CD-Image? ... dependencies as .deb files and install those manually. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: whew
      ... > Ok, obviously, if I'm viewing this from Windows and want to install ... > Which gives me a Gig ilo and other download separate software, ... First time users should not use Straight Debian. ... > WORK, my Linux friend, who got me started on this DECIPHERING LINUX ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Debian: A noob query
      ... need to do a job that requires 'dependable' software, I use Debian. ... Try out several distros of Linux that are run from a 'Live CD/DVD'. ... is much easier than doing an install and experimenting on your machine. ... Ah well, I try that one too...., but I have to download that too after ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: newbie with a question
      ... A very good way to install Debian as a newbie is to first install Knoppix ... The weakness of Linux is installing user programs that you download. ...
      (alt.os.linux)