Re: how long it takes an unstable package to come into testing?

From: Colin Watson (cjwatson_at_debian.org)
Date: 12/09/03

    Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:37:23 +0000
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:48:07PM +0000, J.S.Sahambi wrote:
    > I was going to install Debian on a new machine. Currently I am using
    > unstable. I would like to know how long (I mean days) it takes a
    > package to be moved from Unstable to Testing?
    >
    > Just wanted to know this information to have an idea how long I will
    > have to wait for new packages if I am using Testing.

    That varies. Are you thinking of any particular packages?

    See http://www.debian.org/devel/testing for general details of how it
    works.

    • Re: dpkg-reconfigure
      ... You know when you install debian and debconf a screen whereby you can add ... would I know what software / packages I can use dpkg-reconfigure with. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: How to know about new/fixed packages in Debian Squeeze ?
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: questions on installation CDs
      ... > 1) How can I know which packages are in each CD? ... Just download the first two iso images and install debian; ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: source
      ... > Is there any way to install Debian from source, ... Like it's done with Gentoo stage1. ... Optimized Kernel packages for your arch are avaible anyway as a binary ... [The Cardigans - No sleep] ...
      (Debian-User)
    • dpkg-reconfigure
      ... You know when you install debian and debconf a screen whereby you can add more sources to the sources.list file etc. ... Is there a dpkg-reconfigure option for that. ... How would I know what software / packages I can use dpkg-reconfigure with. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)