Re: The Darkness

From: Antony Gelberg (antony_at_antgel.co.uk)
Date: 12/31/03

    Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:07:23 +0000
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 12:25:32PM +0100, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
    > On Wednesday 31 December 2003 11:58, Antony Gelberg wrote:
    > > The back label mentions "digital copy protection", which I find
    > > rather worrying...
    >
    > Then, I would say, return the (C)D to the artist with a long letter
    > explaining why this approach is fundamentally flawed, and can only work
    > by controlling the senses of both the artists and the listeners.
    > Controlling *their* senses.
    >
    > That's what I'll do if one of my own favorite artists would end up doing
    > something like that.

    I've emailed their management company, for all the good that'll do.
    Funny thing is I saw the singer in Selfridges a couple of weeks ago -
    could have raised the subject if I'd known then. Happy new year all!

    Please don't CC me.  Also _please_ read the following before posting:
    Documentation - http://www.debian.org/doc/
    FAQ - http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/
    Install manual (i386) - http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install

    • Re: The Darkness
      ... >> explaining why this approach is fundamentally flawed, ... >> by controlling the senses of both the artists and the listeners. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: The Darkness
      ... explaining why this approach is fundamentally flawed, ... by controlling the senses of both the artists and the listeners. ... That's what I'll do if one of my own favorite artists would end up doing ... Kjetil Kjernsmo ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: allofmp3.com (was Re: iTunes & Linux (Debian))
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Heartbleed
      ... make the most per sale -- probably like artists with music too often. ... I think that the Apple take on AppStore purchases is way ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)