Re: [OT[UnOfficial Unsubscribe FAQ
From: Paul Morgan (paulswm_at_earthlink.net)
To: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 14:22:16 -0500
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 11:13:01 -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> Suggestion to listowner: set up a challenge-response system to
> subscribe to Debian lists. In order for your subscription to become
> active, instead of the usual "respond to this email" gimmick, the
> person must answer a one-question quiz on how to unsubscribe.
I propose that this quiz be sent to all would be subscribers, requiring a
minimum score of 11/20 to be allowed to subscribe (yes, I know it's old):
LIST SUBSCRIPTION TEST -- DEBIAN-USER VERSION
Time Limit: 3 WEEKS
1. What language is spoken in France?
2. Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian Empire with
particular reference to architecture, literature, law and
-OR- give the first name of Linus Torvalds.
3. Would you ask William Shakespeare to
(a) build a bridge
(b) sail the ocean
(c) lead an army or
(d) WRITE A PLAY
4. What religion is the Pope?
(e) Agnostic (check only one)
5. Metric conversion. How many feet in 0.0 meters?
6. What time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the little
hand is on the 5?
7. How many commandments was Moses given? (approximately)
8. What are people in America's far north called?
9. Spell -- Carter, Clinton, Bush
10. Six kings of England have been called George, the last one being
George the Sixth. Name the previous five.
11. Where does rain come from?
(b) a 7-11
(d) the sky
12. Can you explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity?
13. What are coat hangers used for?
14. The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem for what country?
15. Explain Le Chatelier's Principle of Dynamic Equilibrium
-OR-spell your name in BLOCK LETTERS.
16. Where is the basement in a three story building located?
17. Which part of America produces the most oranges?
(a) New York
18. Advanced math. If you have three apples how many apples do you
19. What does NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) stand for?
20. Essay question: In 20 words or less, list all of the words that you
know. (HINT: These are words.)
-- ....................paul Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer. -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org