problem with X

From: Bytor the Destroyer (bytor1_at_comhem.se)
Date: 02/05/04

    Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:23:54 +0100
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    i am running kernel 2.6.0 and sarge. I have a nvidia GForce 2MX. I have just installed the latest driver from nvidias web site. When I type startx I get the nvidia spash screen up and then after a couple of seconds I go directly back to text mode with the following showing

    XFree86 Version 4.2.1.1 (Debian 4.2.1-12.1 20031003005825 james@nocrew.org) / X
    Window System
    Release Date: 18 October 2002
            If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
            newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
            reporting problems. (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
    Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-rc1-ac1-cryptoloop i686 [ELF]
    Module Loader present
             (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Thu Feb 5 17:22:23 2004
    (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"

    (EE) Failed to load module "GLcore" (module does not exist, 0)
    Skipping "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libspeedo.a:spencode.o": No symbols found
    Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
    Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
    (II) Initializing extension GLX

    I am wondering if anyone can help me out. Thanks
    Clyde

    • Re: What controls X?
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Cleaning /tmp regularly using bootclean.sh + crond
      ... Why installing an addittional package if ... some apps, for example X Window system, store stuff in there ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: any substitute for x window system?
      (Debian-User)
    • XFree86 i830M unresolved symbols
      ... XFree86 Version 4.2.1 / X Window System ... Module Loader present ... Fatal server error: ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • is this result of keylogger? am i hacked?
      ... They contain data which I was typing on keyboard. ... Strange enough, this files are not overwritten, but contain data they should contain + somewhere in the middle or at the beginning of the file they contain something I typed in browser or in command line in X window system. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)