Re: Help to create softlink to

From: Rob Weir (
Date: 02/06/04

    Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:25:03 +1100

    On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 12:03:52PM +0100, Thomas B. D?derlein said
    > Hi
    > Can anyone help me to create a softlink to I pretty new to
    > Debian/linux and are struggling a lot to get the X system to work. I will
    > need a kinda detailed instruction on how to do this, what to call the file,
    > where I can locate it (if it is hiding somewhere:) and which program to use
    > to make/edit the link.
    > I've just upgraded to Xfree 4.3.0 and this problem appeared (the X system
    > wouldn't load before either though... but this problem I might be able to
    > solve myself as long as I can get the basic to work)
    > Error message:
    > Could not load the shared library file for Glide ""
    > You need to have Glide installed to run the glide driver for Xfree86. Also
    > you need to tell Xfree86 where the file is placed by making a
    > softlink in the /usr/X11R6/lib/modules directory that points to the
    > file. (if your is in the /usr/lib)
    > #in -s /usr/lib/libglide2x.s0 /usr/X11R6/lib/modules

    Is this a command you tried and failed with or is it something the help
    printed out? This should be all you have to do.

    Rob Weir <> |  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
    Words of the day:     CDC VX plutonium underground munitions India Vince Foster

    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to