Re: dual boot debian & Windoze, need advice

From: Nano Nano (40208.nospam_at_comcast.net)
Date: 02/09/04

    Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:32:10 -0800
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 01:06:38PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
    > So what do I put in the Windoze stanza of lilo.conf to make boot program
    > load Windoze? And is there a reasonable hope that Windoze can be made to
    > think that the slave drive is C:? Or will it do this automatically?

    In my experience, when Windows is on anything other than the first
    partition of the primary master HD, the results are unpredictable and
    event-sequence dependent. 98 will walk the bios chain and the first
    dos-readable partition becomes C:. NT/W2K/XP have completely different
    algorithms for assigning driver letters during setup and post setup.

    The number of permutations for failure modes for NT is stochastic.
    In other words: don't f*cking bother.