phpbb2 woes

From: Steve Lamb (grey_at_dmiyu.org)
Date: 02/13/04

    Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:06:22 -0800
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

         Hokay, this is frustrating. I've gotten phpbb2 to work before but for
    some reason I can't this time. Here's the setup.

    ii php4 4.3.3-2 A server-side, HTML-embedded
    ii apache 1.3.29.0.1-5 Versatile, high-performance HTTP
    ii php4-mysql 4.3.3-5 MySQL module for php4
    ii mysql-server 4.0.17-2 mysql database server binaries

         I've given the forums I want to install its own user with all permissions
    set. I've tried creating the database for the install script as well as doing
    it without the DB made. Files are chowned correctly. Telling the install
    script the proper database type. The end result is that I keep getting "The
    PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you
    chose". Which is BS since I have MySQL4 installed, told it to use MySQL4,
    phpmyadmin can get to the DBs and I can telnet to the DB from localhost to the
    correct port (turned on net just in case). I've even gone so far as to
    downgrade to MySQL3 since that is what I got phpbb2 to work on last time. No
    dice.

         Anyone have any ideas what I might be missing?

    • How to build a VAX/VMS emulator on Fedora Core 3 Linux
      ... make install the libpcap for ethernet support on VAX emulator ... Is the OpenVMS media ready to be mounted? ... * Do you want to install the MSGHLP database? ... Message from user AUDIT$SERVER on NEWBB ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: Need technique to programatically update back end structure / relationships
      ... Yes, that should work, Bob. ... Install the new one. ... > have the user rename the current production database (after taking a ... > final step of the installation process, I would ask the user to execute ...
    • Re: Error: Cannot find a valid Windows XP Embedded database installed
      ... Both the database and tools are Eval or Retail? ... Microsoft Windows XP Embedded Test Team ... Well, in fact it has a network connection, and it's working without any ... if I install everything in the same computer (tools and ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
    • Re: DBD::Informix -- Error Installing On Mac OSX
      ... the environment correctly, as long as the module reasonably clearly ... working Informix environment than to test for things that might not be ... use either the sysmaster database or the informix user to install ...
      (comp.databases.informix)
    • Re: Firefox 4 reversed Open in a new window, and Open in a new tab
      ... If I was using Firefox 3 on my current computer, ... download and install Firefox 4 on top of it, ... For example, if I look for sqlite (a database type), I find the program ... The many .sqlite files are databases. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)