Re: [Fwd: Re: librrds-perl]

From: Stefan Vunckx (bonkie_at_skynet.be)
Date: 02/17/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:21:04 +0100

    On Tuesday 17 February 2004 13:55, Dave Howorth wrote:
    > Oops, forgot to send to the list ...
    >
    > Stefan Vunckx wrote:
    > > I want to install librdds-perl on my server but:
    > > "Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
    > > librrds-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.6.1"
    >
    > Sounds like you're trying to install the package from stable.
    >
    > > I have perl-5.8.2 installed but this doesn't seem to provide a perlapi
    > > package ?? Anyone got a workaround for this ??
    >
    > Sounds like you have perl from testing or unstable installed.
    >
    > If both of these are true, you need to get your librrds-perl from the
    > same release you got your perl from.
    >
    > Cheers, Dave

    Mmm yes you are correct.

    Once again I was a bit too fast to ask questions instead of finding out for
    myself. Turns out I had commented the testing sources in sources.list and
    thus it found the same version for stable as for testing. Stupid stupid, it
    works now, thank you for pointing out my stupid mistake hehe.

    But I still have a question. Is there actually a safe way to downgrade a
    package (like say perl) without losing so many packages that depend on
    perl ?? Makes me want to think 3 times instead of the usual 2 before
    upgrading important packages ...

    Regards
    Stefan Vunckx

    • [Fwd: Re: librrds-perl]
      ... Stefan Vunckx wrote: ... Sounds like you're trying to install the package from stable. ... Sounds like you have perl from testing or unstable installed. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Needless flexibilities and structured records [very long]
      ... One of the more unique features of Perl OO is that there is no such ... return a reference to the hash %hash and ... returns a reference to an anonymous array containing the values 1, ... Any reference can be associated with a package with the help of the ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • Re: Needless flexibilities and structured records [very long]
      ... You can look up the inheritance here instead of having the user specify ... I thought about that and decided against it: This would require @ISA ... except if one always keeps each package in a file of its own, ... Noone is 'replacing' Perl 5 OO, at least not in Perl 5. ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • Re: year not returned by Time::localtime
      ... internals of perl regarding memory management and hence the distinction ... Instead I suspect that you mean that the new package function should be ... Its not possible to disambiguate (identify the appropriate ... By the time I can explain it without confusing you, ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • RE: Request For Help - Perl DBI & DBD::mysql
      ... If you installed win32 perl from activestate then the activestate package ... install DBD-MySQL ... anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: ...
      (perl.dbi.users)