mouse problems with kernel-image-2.6.3-1-k7

From: Thomas Beresford (number18_at_linuxmail.org)
Date: 04/05/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:24:04 +0800

    Hello again fellas,

    I recently upgraded my 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel to 2.6.3-1-k7 kernel.
    I have an AMD Athlon processor and a Nvidia Geforce 4 MX440 video card
    and a Genius NetScroll PS/2 mouse. The problem is that since I upgraded
    my kernel and installed the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run driver
    I'm having a problem with the XF86Config-4 mouse protocol configuration.
    It used to be like this:

    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier "Configured Mouse"
            Driver "mouse"
            Option "CorePointer"
            Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
            Option "Protocol" "NetMousePS/2"
            Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
            Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection

    But since the upgrade, the configuration above doesn't work anymore. The
    mouse pointer doesn't move correctly and it left/right clicks randomly.
    So I changed the protocol from NetMousePS/2 to ImPS/2. Now it works but
    it's not the same as before. The mouse pointer movement precision is not good.
    Anybody knows what's the cause to the NetMouse protocol (which is the correct
    protocol for Genius mice) not to work correctly now?

    PS: my XFree86 Version is 4.1.0.1