Re: framebuffer modules in 2.6.4

From: Thomas Adam (
Date: 04/28/04

    Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:22:28 +0100 (BST)
    To: Alexandros Papadopoulos <>,

     --- Alexandros Papadopoulos <> wrote:

    > I have a Radeon VGA card, and use an initial RAM image.
    > Could someone point out what I'm doing wrong?
    > Thank you!

    The problem you have is that you have your FB support in the kernel as
    *modules* and not statically compiled in hence, unless you are using an
    initrd ramdisk, these modules won't be loaded in time for you to see

    -- Thomas Adam

    "The Linux Weekend Mechanic" --
    "TAG Editor" --

    experience will probably kill you. :)"

    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to

    • Re: Installing XFree86 for Debian Linux Woody 3.0r2
      ... You will have to upgrade to a newer kernel ... and ensure that you compile in AGP support. ... -- Thomas Adam ... Download Messenger Now ...
    • Re: debian diskless pseudo tty devices
      ... but I can't figure out how to overcome it... ... I assume the kernel you're running was compiled with pty support? ... -- Thomas Adam ... Download Messenger Now ...
    • Re: error opening /dev/mixer
      ... > mostly use a 2.4.22 kernel which I compiled with support for my sblive ... > ALSA sound support. ... -- Thomas Adam ...
    • Re: cdrecord error
      ... You need to ensure that the module "ide-scsi" is loaded, ... For lilo, you can add: ... -- Thomas Adam ... Download Messenger Now ...
    • Re: gdm root user startup with many windows
      ... I rebooted machine, but every ... > windows disappear. ... -- Thomas Adam ... Download Messenger Now ...