Re: ddclient startup script problems

From: Thomas Adam (thomas_adam16_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/28/04

    Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:59:13 +0100 (BST)
    To: Dave <dave_dyck@yahoo.ca>, debian-user@lists.debian.org

     --- Dave <dave_dyck@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    > reboot as the S21ddclient script in /etc/rc3.d/ will not run (my default
    > runlevel is 3). I don't get any logged errors in syslog or messages.

    [..snip useless posting of script..]

    It works. Are you running it as root?

    -- Thomas Adam

    =====
    "TAG Editor" -- http://linuxgazette.net

    experience will probably kill you. :)"

    • Re: ddclient startup script problems
      ... unless the ddclient program accepts 'start' as valid ... Then run the script, and paste the output back to the list. ... -- Thomas Adam ... Download Messenger Now ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Maybe offtopic: Dealing with filenames with blanks in a script
      ... >> Does that mean I could have a script to convert all those horrible ... >> all the spaces with underscores. ... -- Thomas Adam ... Download Messenger Now ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [SLE] sudo vs sux
      ... Thomas Adam wrote: ... > authenticating a program to be run as root under the current $DISPLAY. ... > kdesu however does that bit for you. ... > Debian by allowing a certain group to run with root perms via sudo. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Installing XFree86 for Debian Linux Woody 3.0r2
      ... You will have to upgrade to a newer kernel ... and ensure that you compile in AGP support. ... -- Thomas Adam ... Download Messenger Now ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: cdrecord error
      ... You need to ensure that the module "ide-scsi" is loaded, ... For lilo, you can add: ... -- Thomas Adam ... Download Messenger Now ...
      (Debian-User)