exim4 and HELO

From: Brian Walker (bfwalker_at_netvigator.com)
Date: 05/04/04

    Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 23:51:06 +0800
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Greetings,

    playing around with installing exim4 for mutt 1.5, I am unable to find
    out how to rectify this problem:

    exim4 -v abc@def

    the output includes the error message:
    SMTP<< EHLO
    SMTP<< 501 5.0.0 EHLO requires domain address

    in /etc/hostname I have tried various addresses including localhost and
    127.0.0.1

    the exim4 config mentions EHLO once - uncommented the script, no effect
    on output.

    Where do I make the change/add a domain address to please HELO/EHLO?

    Many thanks

    Brian