h323 newnat - MSN, netmeeting, etc

From: Juan Nin (juann_at_juanin.com)
Date: 05/21/04

    To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
    Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:43:52 -0300

    Hi!

    I'm about to install a Debian Woody Router which will be doing MASQUERADE
    with iptables, and bandwidth-control with HTB, going out to internet through
    an ADSL connection.

    The clients behind the router will be using MSN, netmeeting, etc
    I've searched a lot, but couldn't find much information on how to make them
    work with voice/video, etc

    I've looked at linux-igd.sourceforge.net, but I know there's the newnat
    patches for the linux kernel
    Are they already included in kernel 2.4.26 ?

    does anyone have experiencie with this, so as to guide me a bit, or any link
    to any good howto on this??
    I suppose there are iptables rules needed for the msn, etc stuff to work,
    but there lack of info about this!!! :(

    will this work ok with MASQUERADE?

    thanks in advance,

    Juan

    • Re: where to find ip_tables
      ... I am trying to set up ip masquerade on my lan. ... >>Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. ... Tools for managing Linux kernel packet filtering ... >you should install this package. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: iptables not showing in -L
      ... > Jim wrote: ... >> MASQUERADE ... iptables -t nat -L, I saw them listed for every time I tried. ... I want to forward these packets. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Another wont work IP MASQ
      ... # The location of the iptables and kernel module programs ... echo " External Interface: $EXTIF" ... echo " - Verifying that all kernel modules are ok" ... echo " Enabling SNAT (MASQUERADE) functionality on $EXTIF" ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: gateway newbie questions
      ... Above two lines flushes all existing rules in iptables ... > MASQUERADE ... This one masquerades the requests going out to internet through interface ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: squid server problem
      ... I did not use iptables for blocking any ports. ... echo " External Interface: $EXTIF" ... echo " - Verifying that all kernel modules are ok" ... echo " Enabling SNAT (MASQUERADE) functionality on $EXTIF" ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)