Re: DNS flush

From: Karsten M. Self (kmself_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: 05/26/04

    Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:11:52 -0700
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    on Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:09:34PM -0700, Curtis Vaughan (curtis@npc-usa.com) wrote:
    > Oh this is nuts!
    > I set the ip address for one of our severs to the wrong address, but
    > had a debian box ping the address while it was still set to the wrong
    > address. Now, I have changed the address on the dns server to the
    > right address, but the debian box still has the old address cached.
    > How do I flush out the dns cache on a debian box?

    RTFM. There's a cache directory under your bind installation which can
    be manually deleted.

    Otherwise, wait for the timeout.

    Presumably, in the six days since you posted this question, it's
    expired....

    Peace.

      TWikIWeThey: An experiment in collective intelligence.  Stupidity.  Whatever.
        Technical docs, discussion, reviews, opinion.
          http://twiki.iwethey.org/