Is there a script to compress mailboxes and touch new?

From: Jake Johnson (jake_at_plutoid.com)
Date: 05/28/04

    Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:08:44 -0700
    To: Red Hat List <redhat-list@redhat.com>, Debian List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    Hello,
    My Mail boxes are getting quite large and I was wondering if anyone had a script to append and gzip the files and touch new ones?

    --
    Jake Johnson
    http://www.plutoid.com

    • Re: Is there a script to compress mailboxes and touch new?
      ... My Mail boxes are getting quite large and I was wondering if ... > anyone had a script to append and gzip the files and touch new ones? ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Is there a script to compress mailboxes and touch new?
      ... My Mail boxes are getting quite large and I was wondering if anyone had a script to append and gzip the files and touch new ones? ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Compress::Zlib vs. external gzip call
      ... >> I'm writing a script that needs to run in as fast a time as possible. ... > Does it measure total time, or just time when the perl process is using ... > possibly the time taken to open gzip is less significant on the large ... list and shove them onto a single command line. ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • Re: Need some small help on shell script - delete old files
      ... the grep are then sent to xargs to issue the rm command. ... gzip of $FILENAME at the end is not necessary as far as I can tell ... I am running the script and have noticed that the file names have been ... here is a list of the files in the backup directory: ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: compress command
      ... Let's say you want to use the gzip command on the RedHat system. ... Match this path against the path in your script, and make sure they are the same. ...
      (RedHat)