Re: which sarge iso's do I need to install kde desktop?

From: Mike Chandler (mailmanmike_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 06/04/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:21:38 -0700

    On Thursday 03 June 2004 05:59 pm, Ignatz Sol wrote:
    > I've been hunting around for this information (or any list of what is
    > in each iso) but cannot find it. I would like to install kde from
    > iso's and have the right ones around for some friends' installs that
    > are coming up. Can anyone clue me into which cd's I need? Or better
    > yet, refer me to a list of packages organized by iso?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I use the jigdo download isos (testing) from
    http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
    You notice there are 13 images available, however I have only the first 5 of
    them, and can install Debian with kde.
    Hope that trims it down a bit.

    • Re: which sarge isos do I need to install kde desktop?
      ... >> in each iso) but cannot find it. ... I would like to install kde from ... > I use the jigdo download isos from ... and can install Debian with kde. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • which sarge isos do I need to install kde desktop?
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Fedora 7: The Linux Knight in Shining Armor?
      ... Fedora 7 repo. ... And just because a package comes in a server ISO doesn't mean that it ... Other stuff -- if it's not there in the install ... of exotic packages formerly in extras, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: PowerPC install stuck at dmesg
      ... After deciding that the official OS was becoming too slow for this aging hardware, and Apple PowerBook G4 FW800, I decided to install debian and then a WM such as LXDE, to better use the hardware. ... Then I see the output of dmesg as the machine partially boots, it makes it up to locating/defining the vmalloc and ioremap memory addresses, but then it appears to halt. ... My assumption is that this is not a console, just a dmesg readout, but I cannot figure out what the keybinding is on the mac to get to any other consoles. ... It will give your enough to uniquely identify the version, time and date of creation of the .iso. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Image Files
      ... To answer your question it's an ISO image and yes I want to install this ... learning software onto my hard drive so I don't have to go through accessing ... The only way is through using a cd/dvd emulator such as daemon tools. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)