Administrative rights for special task

From: Debian Users (debian-user_at_lists.debian.org)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:11:30 +0200
    To: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    Dear List,

    I would like to give a regular user the rights to do the following on a
    Debian system:

    1) Install a (secure) ldap server
    2) Test the server
    3) Fill in the address "data base" for this server

    Question: Does this user need full root privileges on this machine? Even
    though this is only a test machine, I would rather not have him the rights
    to change passwords and see users files.

    My hunch is, there is no other way but lending him full root access, but I
    would be delighted to hear your wisdom!

    Regards, Stefan