Administrative rights for special task

From: Debian Users (debian-user_at_lists.debian.org)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:11:30 +0200
    To: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    Dear List,

    I would like to give a regular user the rights to do the following on a
    Debian system:

    1) Install a (secure) ldap server
    2) Test the server
    3) Fill in the address "data base" for this server

    Question: Does this user need full root privileges on this machine? Even
    though this is only a test machine, I would rather not have him the rights
    to change passwords and see users files.

    My hunch is, there is no other way but lending him full root access, but I
    would be delighted to hear your wisdom!

    Regards, Stefan

    • Re: SCW question.
      ... Created a new Server and installed IIS. ... and saw that the default rights for IUSR and IWAM users are there. ... Server to the domain without and GPO's applied...Local Security policy ... rights (which coincides with my Member server GPO settings). ...
    • Re: SBS 2003 folder redirection, offline files, ..and more
      ... you log into a shared PC with admin rights and go to Windows Explorer Folder ... documents are redirected to the server. ... without redirection, they wouldn't have been. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: file rights issue...
      ... Domain Admin has rights to everything so not being able to access the ... The Terminal Server is an entirely different ... of BV we are running uses an SQL DB engine called Pervasive SQL to ... the accounting data on the Windows 2000 server through the pervasive ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
    • Re: Error
      ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... the network or Internet, and then try again. ... You are trying to use a file that is stored on a server, ... protocols in the Player are not enabled. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
    • Re: sbs2003 to (new)server2003 user issue
      ... Meinolf Weber ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... sbs server dead sunday night. ... Even if the account in the domain and the local account on the ...