Re: Stalled AT Poor Man's install with KNOPPIX 3.4

From: Ishwar Rattan (
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:31:51 -0400 (EDT)
    To: debian-user <>

    To boot from hard-disk, you have to install it on disk first.

    1. boot the system using Knoppix-3.4 cd
    2. on boot prompt choose
            knoppix26 lang=en
    3. in the console window type
       cp /usr/sbin/knoppix-installer .
       sudo ./knoppix-installer
       (follow it from there..)

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, ts wrote:

    > Hi!
    > Just downloaded knoppix3.4 iso (KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso)last night under windows ,
    > I have many times used the FAQ located at
    > (
    > to install the KNOPPIX 3.4 from my hard drive instead of from CDROM.
    > I extracted KNOPPIX( by Deamon tool3.46) to D:\KNOPPIX\ .
    > strangly I found knoppix3.4 doesn't contain "mkfloppy.bat"& "boot-en.img" anymore.
    > later I tried "mkfloppy.bat"& "boot-en.img" from KNOPPIX3.0 cd ,it just couldn't find knoopix file on
    > "D:"(hda3)....I just stalled there........
    > later on I tried with Booting from the Knoppix3.0 CD
    > ==========
    > knoppix26 bootfrom=/dev/hda12/Downloads/KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17.iso

      ... Boot the system, start tapping F8, when the menu appears, select ... download install and run the application: ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >> on, follow the screens. ...
    • Re: Dual Boot; worried about overwriting C: Boot Drive with Win2k
      ... > replacement, I decided to install that as a slave drive, but I have not ... I also want to dual boot, ... DO NOT install the Linux boot loader on ...
    • Re: boot sector f*ed
      ... "I updated the machine and it doesn't boot anymore". ... Please capture the output from running fdisk and bsdlabel on the problem disk ... Soft updates is a technique employed by the filesystem to ensure that the file ... application to install the 64bit FBSD with flashplugin on the portable ...
    • Re: Windows Xp crash
      ... The Bios is not showing any hard drives. ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    • Re: Start Menu, Icons Not Appearing
      ... Also, make sure your system has no malware, download, install and run Ad ... Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive, ... To Setup Windows XP now, ... To Repair a Windows XP Installation using Recovery Console press R. ...