Re: sarge dvd iso

From: valdyn (valdyn_at_onlinehome.de)
Date: 06/10/04

    Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:59:42 +0200
    To: Jacques <jacques.abada@arcanthea.com>

    Jacques wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm a slackware user interested in trying Debian so I'm currently
    > downloading the dvd iso from fsn.hu ftp site.
    >
    > 1. Can anyone let me know if this iso is an installable debian image ? I
    > grabbed the sid dvd iso but it ain't install. Someone told me it is to
    > upgrade a GNU/Linux box from woody or sarge to sid.
    >
    > 2. Which version of kde and Qt is in sarge ? I need Qt >= 3.2.3 (and
    > possibly Qt3.3 would be better) for a work on an free documentation
    > project (regarding C++ programming).

    These worked for for me: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

    A search for packages on http://www.debian.org/packages yields, among
    other stuff for "testing", which is sarge until sarge gets released as
    stable:

    search for keyword "libqt":
    Package libqt3c102-mt

         * testing (libs): Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version)
           3:3.2.3-2: alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390
    sparc

    search for keyword "kde":
    Package kde

         * testing (kde): The K Desktop Environment
           4:3.1.2: alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc

    Searching for that stuff for sid ( unstable ) is left an as exercise ;)

    flo