Re: sarge dvd iso

From: valdyn (valdyn_at_onlinehome.de)
Date: 06/10/04

    Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:59:42 +0200
    To: Jacques <jacques.abada@arcanthea.com>

    Jacques wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm a slackware user interested in trying Debian so I'm currently
    > downloading the dvd iso from fsn.hu ftp site.
    >
    > 1. Can anyone let me know if this iso is an installable debian image ? I
    > grabbed the sid dvd iso but it ain't install. Someone told me it is to
    > upgrade a GNU/Linux box from woody or sarge to sid.
    >
    > 2. Which version of kde and Qt is in sarge ? I need Qt >= 3.2.3 (and
    > possibly Qt3.3 would be better) for a work on an free documentation
    > project (regarding C++ programming).

    These worked for for me: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

    A search for packages on http://www.debian.org/packages yields, among
    other stuff for "testing", which is sarge until sarge gets released as
    stable:

    search for keyword "libqt":
    Package libqt3c102-mt

         * testing (libs): Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version)
           3:3.2.3-2: alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390
    sparc

    search for keyword "kde":
    Package kde

         * testing (kde): The K Desktop Environment
           4:3.1.2: alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc

    Searching for that stuff for sid ( unstable ) is left an as exercise ;)

    flo

    • Re: broken nvidia package, is there a work around?
      ... > I'm running Sarge and I just tried installing nvidia's proprietary ... > dependency problems - leaving unconfigured ... > Reading Package Lists... ... contrib to your /etc/apt/sources.list lines like ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: How to get security updates, but not other packages?
      ... > security fixes which have been made available since Sarge was ... AFAIK Sarge is the stable release and only gets security fixes, ... package upgrades to newer versions only take place in Testing ... But does that include uncessary stable package changes? ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: compiling programs in debian way
      ... and I am going to compile a program which is not in ... sarge but in testing. ... Package: debian-builder ... Maintainer: Debian QA Group ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: compiling programs in debian way
      ... and I am going to compile a program which is not in ... sarge but in testing. ... Package: debian-builder ... Maintainer: Debian QA Group ...
      (Debian-User)
    • problems installing sarge net-install using aptitude
      ... I've run into what appear to be bugsin package dependencies. ... After doing a net-install of sarge, I selected 'gnome' from the Desktop ... It installed gobs of stuff and seemed happy. ...
      (Debian-User)