which dhcp client should be used?

From: Kamaraju Kusumanchi (kk288_at_cornell.edu)
Date: 06/27/04

    Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:59:55 -0400
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org;

    I am interested in setting up my machine as a dhcp client. Doing
    apt-cache search for dhcp clients on unstable debian, I get

    dhcp-client - DHCP Client
    dhcp3-client - DHCP Client
    dhcpcd - DHCP client for automatically configuring IPv4 networking

    I would like to know which is the preferred one? What are the
    differences between these? Any documentation on these would be nice.

    Apparently dhcp-client and dhcp3-client are not compatible with each
    other. Because when installing dhcp3-client, apt-get wants to remove
    dhcp-client.

    regards
    raju

    --