Re: Re: sendmail and procmail , spamassaign

From: Bob Proulx (bob_at_proulx.com)
Date: 07/05/04

    Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 10:05:08 -0600
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Amrita Priyadarsini wrote:
    > I have installed spamassassin & procmail in my system.
    > However when I try to start the spamd daemon,it gives the following error..
    > "Insecure directory in $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at
    > /opt/perl5/lib/5.6.1/Cwd.pm line 92."

    The problem is that the PATH contains writable path elements. That
    poses a problem and the taint checking finds that and rightly refuses
    to run.

    > Any help in this matter is welcome..

    You are almost certainly trying to start it by hand. Instead use the
    startup script provided for it.

      /etc/init.d/spamassassin start

    That sets the PATH to a safe setting and does other setup.

    Bob