(no subject)

From: wolfgang pauli (ookami_at_gmx.de)
Date: 07/10/04

    Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:31:24 +0200 (MEST)
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hi,

    I have a acpi problem under debian testing.
    I can start acpid load all modules I want and everything seems fine:

        battery
        ac
        processor
        button
        fan
        thermal
    Starting Advanced Configuration and Power Interface daemon: acpid.

    But if I try acpi -V I get:

    No support for device type: thermal

    Maybe a ls of my /proc/acpi helps:
    ac_adapter battery embedded_controller fan processor
    alarm button event info sleep
    asus dsdt fadt power_resource thermal_zone

    Looks alright, doesn't it.
    I hope somebody can help me.

    Wolfgang

    • No support for device type: thermal
      ... I have a acpi problem under debian testing. ... I can start acpid load all modules I want and everything seems fine: ... Loading ACPI modules: ...
      (Debian-User)
    • ACPI - APM .. weird things
      ... I sent an email few days ago about ACPI and APM problems on my compaq ... the ACPI doesn't show the life time of the battery. ... slot 7 INTD is routed to irq 11 ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: [BISECTED] EEE PC hangs when booting off battery
      ... The ACPI CA holds a mutex while executing an AML method (see ... at most one AML method can be executing at ... Is the battery driver ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: [2.624-rc1 regression] lost battery information
      ... or you could apply this patch and power_supply will be selected by battery itself. ... ACPI related stuff from dmesg: ... Using ACPI for IRQ routing ... POWER_SUPPLY is needed for AC, battery, and SBS sysfs support. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Toshiba A200 series Proadalizer
      ... some aspect of the power control circuitry must be ... ACPI off prevents this messing up more important functions. ... Perhaps your power supply is making voltage spikes on the DC ... I'm also wondering if the weak battery could also be ...
      (comp.sys.laptops)