Modem init sequence in KPPP

listcomm_at_ml1.net
Date: 07/11/04

    Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:28:26 -0700
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    I'm on dialup, and my modem won't connect at more than 28 KB.
    The init string in KPPP is not right.

    In the interest of "if it works don't fix it", I want to use the
    same init sequence the Gatesware has come up with (why Linux can't
    finger out the right init string without being told is another
    question...). But the (Gatesware) init sequence consists of *two*
    strings - i.e. the modem driver (I guess? does anyone know what
    does anything in Windoze?) sends one string, waits for an OK,
    then sends another string and waits for an OK. The setup window
    for KPPP only has space for one string, and (thus far) I haven't
    found anything detailing how to make it use a more complex transaction.

    I know I can provide a multi-string sequence by going with "chat"
    and "pppd" or "diald" or whatever it is that uses the "chat"
    script. For various reasons with which I not bore anyone unless
    they insist, I would rather make KPPP work first, unless there is
    no way to do it.

    Is there a way make KPPP utilize a more complex init transaction
    than just sending one string?

    • Re: Dialout fails using linuxconf/netconf - pppd dies
      ... I tracked it down to the modem initialization string... ... The init string is apparently the same as used by kppp. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Delphi can do map/reduce?
      ... TIntegerArray = array of Integer; ... TStringArray = array of String; ... function IntReduce(fn: TMapableIntFunc; a: TIntegerArray; init: Integer): Integer; ... By itself this doesn't really do much, but rewritting the IntReduce and StrReduce function to a multithreaded or message disbatching to server farm approach, would make this alot more interesting. ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Re: Xilinx/Synplicity LUT Placement
      ... it accepted a boolean equation as a string for input and returned the hex string for the LUT init as the output. ... If you can't get the xc_map to work out for verilog, then perhaps you can use a boolean equation to INIT string parser function to do that conversion. ... instantiating LUTs and using the INITs directly is not a fun way to do any design. ... localparam I0 = 16'haaaa; ...
      (comp.arch.fpga)
    • Re: string initilization WHY?
      ... (I've argued before that all casts should be ... The variable str is a pointer to char; ... string whose value is "Awesome" ... init() function. ...
      (comp.lang.c)
    • __setattr__ and __getattr__ with derived classes
      ... print 'No Init yet' ... def init: ... __getattr__ python is giving me a different dictionary!!! ...
      (comp.lang.python)