Nagios vs Netsaint

From: Jacob Friis Larsen (jfl_at_list.idg.dk)
Date: 07/20/04

    Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:14:55 +0200
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    I see there are both Nagios and Netsaint packages.
    Which one should I use, or can I use both on the same server?
    Is it possible to use Netsaint plugins with Nagios?

    Thanks,
    Jacob

    • Re: Nagios vs Netsaint
      ... > I see there are both Nagios and Netsaint packages. ... > Is it possible to use Netsaint plugins with Nagios? ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Network Monitoring System
      ... For example, Nagios monitors my mail/news ... > server for the status of SMTP, POP3, IMAP, NNTP, as well as disk, memory ... > system knows that if my router goes down, ... > the router's failure precludes monitoring the DMZ. ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
    • Re: Network Monitoring System
      ... In the first case none of your critical services have ... >>been affected (only the monitoring daemon) and in the second case, ... Right, but in the case of my own personal Nagios setup, info is pulled ... server for the status of SMTP, POP3, IMAP, NNTP, as well as disk, memory ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
    • 8.0: OpenSSL stat()s NLS 500+ times causing extreme system load
      ... We recently upgraded the server it runs on to 8.0-STABLE. ... individual Nagios checks that don't live long enough to appear in top. ... The check_nrpe2 program simply opens an SSL socket to a remote server, ... So this program spends over half its life looping over 508 stat() ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Network Monitoring System
      ... >>Right, but in the case of my own personal Nagios setup, info is pulled ... >>server for the status of SMTP, POP3, IMAP, NNTP, as well as disk, memory ... >>the router's failure precludes monitoring the DMZ. ... > for type of system (server, router, etc) know about it and create pages on ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)