Re: winbind and pam_mount

From: Greg Folkert (
Date: 07/23/04

    Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:35:27 -0400

    On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 14:42, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am configuring a system to authenticate users against an AD windows
    > 2003 server, and if the user does not have a homedir it will
    > automatically be created on the Linux server.
    > Ive managed to do all this using the winbind daemon, samba, kerboros
    > (for autherntication) to the AD server.
    > However i would like to take this one step forward so that users
    > windows "Home Directories" are also automatically mounted upon logon
    > to the linux server, they need to be mounted within a mount folder
    > under their Linux homedir .
    > i can do this using pam_mount, but this means i need to know exactly
    > which windows server the users homedirectory is located, i would like
    > a way for querying the ADS to check which windows server the user is
    > on and then automatically mount the windows homedir on the linux
    > server.
    > Does anyone have a script or know anyway this can be done?

    Well, I believe there are some references I'll have to look for...

    But, what I am REALLY looking for is for you to send me a confidential
    or sanitized smb.conf.

    I am struggling severely right now with the exact issue you have solved.

    Beggin. I'll do the research for the pam stuff and help out that way...

    The technology that is
    Stronger, better, faster:  Linux

    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to

    • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
      ... It's the same Linux code base. ... Microsoft Office on a Windows server, it will install and run fine, the main ...
    • Re: Question about Red Hat Linux Enterprise
      ... we have is running Windows 2000 Server ... Luckily running Apache + MySQL on a Linux system is not a lot ... MySQL database and injecting it back into the MySQL installation ...
    • Re: Sweet Success
      ... Let's continue to assume that I prefer Windows to anything else: ... neither Linux nor Windows may be the answer. ... While it may well be initially less expensive to install a Linux-based ... of Linux simultaneously, along with Windows Server, AIX, and OS/400. ...
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] 70 million computers are using Windows 98 right now
      ... Linux is definitely not a natural migration pathway. ... Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Mac OS X seem to work pretty ... > desktop to server. ... But then the persons across the sea just can't install ...
    • Re: Benutzerkontenverwaltung mit Win 2003 Server - Teil 2
      ... und dann bin ich über Solaris zur ersten 30-Disketten-Version Linux ... Server auch keine grafische Oberfläche, der vi ist halt mein bester ... Und das ganze geht schon in Ansätzen seit Windows NT so ... > Unternehmensnetzwerk unter Unix administrieren könnte. ...