Re: winbind and pam_mount

From: Greg Folkert (
Date: 07/23/04

    Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:35:27 -0400

    On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 14:42, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am configuring a system to authenticate users against an AD windows
    > 2003 server, and if the user does not have a homedir it will
    > automatically be created on the Linux server.
    > Ive managed to do all this using the winbind daemon, samba, kerboros
    > (for autherntication) to the AD server.
    > However i would like to take this one step forward so that users
    > windows "Home Directories" are also automatically mounted upon logon
    > to the linux server, they need to be mounted within a mount folder
    > under their Linux homedir .
    > i can do this using pam_mount, but this means i need to know exactly
    > which windows server the users homedirectory is located, i would like
    > a way for querying the ADS to check which windows server the user is
    > on and then automatically mount the windows homedir on the linux
    > server.
    > Does anyone have a script or know anyway this can be done?

    Well, I believe there are some references I'll have to look for...

    But, what I am REALLY looking for is for you to send me a confidential
    or sanitized smb.conf.

    I am struggling severely right now with the exact issue you have solved.

    Beggin. I'll do the research for the pam stuff and help out that way...

    The technology that is
    Stronger, better, faster:  Linux

    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to