Re: winbind and pam_mount

From: Greg Folkert (greg_at_gregfolkert.net)
Date: 07/23/04

    To: koolguy@dsl.pipex.com
    Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:35:27 -0400

    On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 14:42, koolguy@dsl.pipex.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am configuring a system to authenticate users against an AD windows
    > 2003 server, and if the user does not have a homedir it will
    > automatically be created on the Linux server.
    >
    > Ive managed to do all this using the winbind daemon, samba, kerboros
    > (for autherntication) to the AD server.
    >
    > However i would like to take this one step forward so that users
    > windows "Home Directories" are also automatically mounted upon logon
    > to the linux server, they need to be mounted within a mount folder
    > under their Linux homedir .
    >
    > i can do this using pam_mount, but this means i need to know exactly
    > which windows server the users homedirectory is located, i would like
    > a way for querying the ADS to check which windows server the user is
    > on and then automatically mount the windows homedir on the linux
    > server.
    >
    > Does anyone have a script or know anyway this can be done?

    Well, I believe there are some references I'll have to look for...

    But, what I am REALLY looking for is for you to send me a confidential
    or sanitized smb.conf.

    I am struggling severely right now with the exact issue you have solved.

    Beggin. I'll do the research for the pam stuff and help out that way...
    Honest!!!

    --
    greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
    The technology that is