udev isn't creating links for my cdrom and dvd-rom devices

From: Kyle Girard (theycallmecoach_at_rogers.com)
Date: 07/25/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:47:56 -0400

    I wanted to experiment with udev, hal, dbus and gnome-volume-manager so
    I installed all of the above and rebooted everything seemed cool except
    I no longer have a /dev/cdrom link. It appears udev didn't find my
    cdrom and dvdrom drives and it didn't create any links for them.

    Anyone else had this problem?

    I'm running the latest everything from unstable, 2.6-k7 kernel etc etc

    --
    Kyle Girard <theycallmecoach@rogers.com>