SSH: only listens on loopback

From: rich (rl2_at_shinyblue.net)
Date: 08/04/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:06:23 +0100

    I have a server on 192.168.254.200 and a webserver on .19

    I run # ssh -f -N -L 8080:192.168.254.19:80 user@localhost

    which sets it up so that
    # lynx localhost:8080
    brings me the page from the webserver at .19

    BUT, the 8080 port is only open to the local host, and I want it open for all.

    # lynx 192.168.254.200:8080
    doesn't work.

    nmap localhost shows the port is open, but nmap 192.168.254.200 shows it's
    closed.

    I've set
    ListenAddress: 0.0.0.0
    in sshd_config but that didn't seem to do anything.

    I've trawled the 'net but found very little help.

    thanks

    rich.