Font Sizes In Fluxbox

From: John Lowell (johnlowell_at_ameritech.net)
Date: 08/09/04

    Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:23:17 -0400
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Well, many years later, my first reasonably intelligent look at Debian.
    I downloaded and burned the businesscard iso last night and the install
    went flawlessly, at least I think it did. I used aptitude to bring down
    the x window system and fluxbox post install and have a question about
    font rendering in the various fluxbox styles.

    I've used flux with any number of distros in the past yet with Debian,
    the various flux style fonts seem enormous by comparison with their
    counterparts in say, Arch or Gentoo. And, in examining the files
    themselves, I find that the font size selected are identical in every
    case. What might account for this difference? Might it be some kind of
    system wide setting that distinguishes these? I recall during the
    install a reference to some anti-aliasing mechanism that one could
    accept or reject relating to pango, with wording subtly encouraging
    acceptance. In any event, if the cause can be located in a system
    setting, perhaps someone might explain how it can be adjusted. I'd hate
    to have to edit the style files to make provision for smaller fonts.

    jlowell