Re: Packages needed for Cups Foomatic printer

From: matt zagrabelny (mzagrabe_at_d.umn.edu)
Date: 08/12/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:47:08 -0500

    On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 18:51, Tong wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to install my HP PSC 1210 usb printer. I was able to do it in
    > previous Debian installation, but this time, I am having difficulties
    > doing it...
    >
    > When I used the web-based cups printer setup,
    >
    > I can't find the driver "Foomatic + hpijs (recommended)" when choosing a
    > driver (previously I can).
    >
    > When I used foomatic-gui, there is no option for me to choose an USB
    > printer (previously I can).

    does "cat /etc/fstab > /dev/usb/lp0" do anything?

    -matt

    • Re: Help installing printer again please
      ... > But I still have been able to detect and and install my USB printer. ... > hp psc 2410. ... It's as if it zooms out 50% before printing. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Help installing printer again please
      ... But I still have been able to detect and and install my USB printer. ... hp psc 2410. ... windows. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Error messages adding printer - help please!
      ... for the SubSystem app problem. ... The correct procedure for a USB printer is to install the software BEFORE ... connecting the printer to the PC. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: HP psc 1210 series..... does not print white and black modality!!!
      ... Install a second black-and-white only DeskJet driver on the same port as the one ... This approach works because the PSC devices have a printer control language ... >sofware of HP what I must some make ", the HP has not supplied of sofware ...
      (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
    • Re: How to install USB printer? (Was: New inkjet printer wanted)
      ... I was able to install this USB printer after installing a USB printer port. ... I used the Omni driver for a Canon i950. ... It does not work with this driver, ... Then install the printer by plugging in the lead and letting the system find the printer and then run through the printer driver installation. ...
      (comp.os.os2.misc)