OpenOffice.org and Spelling

From: Ed Sutherland (digital_at_twcny.rr.com)
Date: 08/30/04

    Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 23:00:50 -0400
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    How do I get OpenOffice to spell-check my documents? Am I missing a
    package? Whenever I select "Spellcheck" from the Tools menu, OpenOffice
    says spell-checking is complete -- although there are some words spelled
    incorrectly on purpose.

    AbiWord correctly spell checks my documents, but I prefer OO's
    look-and-feel. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    Ed

    • Re: how do i automate building packages?
      ... The -R flag will also build all dependencies of openoffice. ... If you build more than one package don't forget the flag -n ... Matthias Apitz ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: OpenOffice dependency problems (after upgrade to FC6?)
      ... I upgraded to FC6 and are now having dependency problems with OpenOffice ... openoffice.org-core-2.0.4-5.5.3 conflicts with file from package ... FC5 had an i386 version even on x86_64 installs. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: I have an Openoffice question for small business.
      ... about OpenOffice migration to Libre Office. ... Another solution, not the easiest one but which would avoid freezing dependencies, would be download source of OO and compile it and then distributing the binary through a package. ... apt-get source will download an archive with source code, so untar it, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • OpenOffice dependency problems (after upgrade to FC6?)
      ... I upgraded to FC6 and are now having dependency problems with OpenOffice ... upgrades. ... openoffice.org-core-2.0.4-5.5.3 conflicts with file from package ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: What is in openoffice.org-core04u?
      ... on kdelibs4, which is, of couse, dependant on libarts1. ... I have OpenOffice 2 installed from the tarball at openoffice.org, ... as long as I am not running KDE? ... Can anyone give me a clue as to whether I need this package, ...
      (Debian-User)