Re: Using debian as backup authentication for win2003 AD server?

From: Mike Fedyk (mfedyk_at_matchmail.com)
Date: 09/07/04

    Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:02:09 -0700
    To: Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro@dutra.fastmail.fm>

    Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

    >Em Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:50:04 +0200, Mike Fedyk escreveu:
    >

    >>Can I setup a linux based system to act as a backup kdc to the
    >>win2003 server?
    >>

    > You’d better check up the Samba documentation for that.
    >
    > It was scheduled to be included in Samba’s capabilities, but
    >perhaps you’ll have to run a quite recent package from unstable or
    >even an experimental one.

    No, I'm thinking of using kerberos and ldap instead of samba for this.

    But you're probably right that the samba people would know best.

    • Re: Does samba 3.0.14Aa on OS 5.0.6 work with ldapsam backend on another LDAP server?
      ... used 3.0.9 on SCO 5.0.6 for quite some time after suffering problems I ... a RedHat4 box running samba 3.0.10 and OpenLDAP 2.2.13. ... and no LDAP server (although there were the ... share on the SCO server without any smbpasswd on that server! ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)
    • [HPADM] RE: Mapping Samba Share to XP
      ... "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error occurred: The remote computer is not available." ... Is there anything I need to change in the configuration on the CIFS server? ... I am unable to map to the Windows XP clients on the 158 subnet still, but this is due to the firewall, so if someone knows how I can make that happen, please let me know? ... Mapping Samba Share to XP ...
      (HP-UX-Admin)
    • Re: login fails from from Solaris to windows7
      ... I can see all three Windows boxes from Solaris, but I can not login to ... Samba has a huge number of configurable options (perhaps too ... server string = Samba Server ... # per user logon script ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Samba frustrations
      ... As a matter of fact, when I attach another kubuntu machine to the network, smbclient doesn't see the server either. ... # WINS Support - Tells the NMBD component of Samba to enable its WINS Server ... # Another common choice is storing the profile in the user's home directory ... # It specifies the script to run during logon. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • samba 3.0 does not list servers when "map to guest = bad user" ?
      ... I've been trying to configure a samba 3.0 server to play nicely both ... with smbclient and with MS windows. ... At present, if I try to view the list of shares from within windows, I ...
      (Debian-User)