Printing From Browser Uses Ugly Font

From: Jacob S. (stormspotter_at_6texans.net)
Date: 09/08/04

    Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:13:35 -0500
    To: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    I'm not exactly sure when this started, as I've done a couple of
    updates recently. This is on a box running all of the latest updates to
    Sarge.

    Whenever I print from Mozilla, Firefox or Galeon, all using the
    'Postscript/default' printer option, the html is printed using a really
    ugly font nothing at all like what I see on the screen. The font looks
    like it's supposed to be some sort of fancy script font, but it just
    doesn't look right having a page full of text written in a font that big
    and gaudy.

    E-mails still print fine, but html pages printed from a web browser
    don't. I'm using cups + hpijs to print to a HP Officejet G85. Any
    suggestions where I could look to change this printing problem?

    TIA,
    Jacob

    --
    GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135
    Random .signature #24:

    • Re: Word crashes on startup
      ... We can also see that you have not "Resolved Duplicates" using font book. ... Apply all the latest updates to OS X, ... Microsoft Error Reporting log version: ... X86 Thread State: ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
    • Re: WYSIWYG Fonts in Dropdown
      ... all users on the same Mac [they're all running the same exact installation ... quite unlikely that any updates to Office 2008 will correct the situation ... Font Book to Resolve Duplicates & Validate Fonts. ... I am running Mac OS 10.5.7. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
    • Re: crashes in office (excel and word for example) on macbook pro
      ... and I did a clean install of my macbook pro. ... I than went through the updates of it to ... when I highlight some text and try to pop a context menu does it ... If you have any font managers in play, ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office)
    • Re: Problem adding new fonts
      ... Upgrade Install ... go here to look at all of the Updates after SP4 and only use the ones you ... need, like the Security Updates and then if you use foreign languages, you ... I was able to manually move the font ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: Been waiting to upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard
      ... an MS update once my OS is upgraded to Snow Leopard. ... What should be the best order for the upgrade? ... Do the Font cleansing? ... Install all the System updates, then Office, all the Office updates, then use ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office)