Re: Install Compress::Zlib

From: John Fleming (john_at_wa9als.com)
Date: 09/11/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:41:49 +0000 (UTC)

    Florian Ernst <florian <at> uni-hd.de> writes:

    > Hello John, hello list!

    > libdate-manip-perl, libhtml-parser-perl, libcompress-zlib-perl are the
    > respective package names. You can find their names by searching the
    > contents of packages on <http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages>.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Flo

    Thanks a bunch Flo! I looked through the [alphabetical] Debian Testing package
    list and even Googled, but I had difficulty finding the actual package names.
    I just now tried the Debian Package Search page, and that worked for 2/3 of the
    ones above, but a newbie looking for HTML:Entities probably wouldn't have found
    it even on the search page.

    Everything I needed is installed now and working, and I'm back to using apt-get
    whenever possible! ;-) - John

    • Re: Program-invoking Symbolic Links?
      ... > Good morning, John, ... >> a bug in some package. ... > named pipes instead of a new form of symlink? ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Total Newbie - Maintainenance of SQL Database
      ... > Many thanks, John and Greg, I will peruse the links. ... > The guy who is "managing" the take up of this software is an accountant! ... > So the additional costs for SQL license, CALS and support are only just ... > project accounting which our current package TasBooks cannot do. ...
      (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
    • Re: plea for tar-1.21
      ... or give us a version of tar that can cope with it. ... I'll be happy to do it, presuming that the package owner grants me ... I may have been premature with this squawk John, ... they built it for the rpm in the repos. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: ccccccccccccc and all about credibility
      ... >In article, John Ammeter says... ... >>"Even Chuck Steak himself that the airplane ... >but a complete package which includes wing coverings,flap coverings etc.. ... covering package OF YOUR CHOICE and the engine package. ...
      (rec.aviation.homebuilt)
    • Re: On Any Questions last night...
      ... JOHN: And is this chap who says this, ... GEORGE: No. ... and packaged together on Wall Street with a lot of other similar debts. ... And so this is put into a package of debt, and then moved on to Wall Street ...
      (uk.local.kent)