Re: X.org Questions

From: Timo Reimerdes (tr_at_gtnw.de)
Date: 09/13/04

    To: Chris Anderson <chris@nullcode.org>
    Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:05:02 +0200

    On Mo, 2004-09-13 at 01:49 -0400, Chris Anderson wrote:
    > On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 00:55 -0400, Ed Sutherland wrote:
    > > After looking at screenshots of X.org, it seems to be more graphically
    > > up-to-date than XFree86. But, I have some questions:
    > >
    > > 1) Can X.org be apt-gotten? (otherwise, where and how)
    >
    > Not officially, there may be a repo somewhere that someone else
    > maintains though.
    >
    > > 2) How difficult is replacing xfree with x.org?
    >
    > Extract source, apt-get build-dep xserver-xfree86, make World, make
    > install. Going backwards could possibly be troublesome (perhaps build to
    > another prefix).
    >
    > > 3) Any issues specific to the ppc architecture I should be aware? Thanks.
    >
    > I haven't encountered any thus far.

    Yet another question:
    What, except the transparency and the shadow-thingy is of advantage in
    x.org? is anything done noticably better? is it recomendable?

    greetz,

    Timo

    • Re: Capture (for video) what is displayed on the screen
      ... I do not want screenshots, but a video. ... Usually that means that input file is truncated and/or corrupted. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [OT] Iran to attack my Browser??
      ... Sorry to link you to some image-hosting site, but the screenshots are ... What's more likely is that someone over at stopbadware.org (on which Firefox' ... Something on FF3 or your plugins for FF3 is probably doing the blocking. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me t
      ... content, by some way, of a PDF (even if screenshots were to never work, ... you can still use a camera). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: sequence of screenshots?
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: unable to take screenshots
      ... When I logged in directly on machine A, I was able to take the screenshots with import, ksnapshot etc., So I am guessing the culprit is nxclient. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)