Photo EXIF and IPTC management software?

From: Bengt Thuree (bengt_at_thuree.com)
Date: 10/07/04

    Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:03:19 +0900 (JST)
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    I am currently managing all my photos in Windows and using "iView
    MediaPro" to handle EXIF and IPTC data.

    I am looking for a tool that would handle a larger amount (a few 100 to
    10000+) of pictures and in an easy way manipulate the EXIF and IPTC data.
    For instance: Choose a month or a day, and select multiple pictures to
    input the common data in one go for the selected pictures. (Drag and
    drop?)

    The software could store everything in a separate database for speed
    reason, but has to be able to store the data in the picture itself.

    Would of course also like to be able to filter the pictures by choosing
    for instance, China + Party + family + Beach or something similar.

    MediaPro can do more or less everything, apart from the filtering
    (possible, but not easy)

    Would like to know what you guys are using and what software are out there.

    Thanks in advance

    /Bengt

    --
    Bengt Thuree (www.thuree.com)

    • Re: read IPTC information in the Exif block of a JPEG file with vbscript
      ... You can read the data using FSO, ... APP13 marker that indicates possible IPTC data. ... (and I'm not sure it even recognizes EXIF properly). ... > I'm searching for a way to read IPTC information in the Exif block of a ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: [Q] How to add comment / description into jpg file?
      ... It allows manipulation of the exif, and iptc data and jpeg comments. ... Tom ...
      (sci.image.processing)
    • Re: Keeping exif data with Photoshop 5
      ... According to photo forums, exif capability was not included in PS 5. ... Ah, I didn't know that, though I had suspected PS 5 might be a stranger to exif - thanks for that info. ... IPTC data to the file. ... Organizer, which is part of Elements, can be used as a photo viewer. ...
      (alt.photography)
    • Re: Keeping exif data with Photoshop 5
      ... According to photo forums, exif capability was not included in PS 5. ... Ah, I didn't know that, though I had suspected PS 5 might be a stranger to exif - thanks for that info. ... Or use Irfan for overall photo changes. ... IPTC data to the file. ...
      (alt.photography)