Kernel Upgrade - ...does not match kernel data

From: Simon Buchanan (nmc_at_orcon.net.nz)
Date: 10/07/04

    Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 10:52:54 +1300
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hi there, i have just apt-get upgraded my kernel. I am running woody on
    a dual AMD athlon box and using 2.4.26-1-k7-smp via a backport... I have
    two questions/issues if someone could shed some light for me please:

    1). I have gone thru the upgrade and am now getting a message:

    server:/boot# ps
    {mca_find_unused_adapter} {mca_read_stored_pos}
    Warning: /boot/System.map-2.4.26-1-k7-smp does not match kernel data.

    Can someone please explain the issue here to me? I have upgraded the
    kernel in the past, checked/edited lilo.conf and run lilo and everything
      ran smoothly on a reboot. Is this just an case of doing a reboot? (It
    is a remote box - and im just a little concerned...)

    2). I have noticed that there is a kernel-image-2.4.27-i386 available as
    well - should i be on that??

    Thanks

    Simon

    • Re: ATA_DMA errors
      ... Right after the upgrade things worked well for a couple of hours, ... then I got a reboot all of a sudden. ... Jun 24 18:22:19 kernel: ... 0x5000-0x500f,0x4000-0x4041,0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0 ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: [19.666764] Disabling IRQ #23
      ... 2.6.26-rc1(should of done an upgrade then,but never got around to it), as ... something to do with ift-load. ... but that doesn't mean the kernel problem is fixed. ... the second reboot typing seemed to be o.k.). ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Upgraded packages that require a restart
      ... just the kernel, but now it seems to embrace various packages. ... help if the upgrade manager announced clearly, before you upgrade, that ... After a standard system update you need to reboot your computer to make ... The bug is the reboot requirement itself in Ubuntu updates, ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: Manual dist upgrade procedure(s) & tools/progs/aids?
      ... taken offline for a kernel reboot or hardware upgrade. ... the machine couldn't be taken offline to do a fresh install. ... you didn't need to reboot. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: 8.x grudges
      ... FREEBSD_COMPAT7 kernel option is, apparently, a requirement (and ... customizations when performing a major version upgrade. ... libusb from ports installed. ... Frequency ID control: No ...
      (freebsd-stable)