User unable to startx

From: nobut1 (nobut1_at_cwis.net)
Date: 10/10/04

    Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 01:46:04 -0600
    To: Debian Linux - Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    Hello. I recently have run upon a very annoying problem. For reasons
    unknown, I can no longer start X from a standard user account. Root
    can startx fine. A user can change to su and startx X fine. But
    whenever a standard user attempts to startx, they get a long list of
    errors culminating with /dev/null (Permission Denied).

    I am curious to exactly what could cause such an error and exactly how
    one would go about fixing such a problem.

    Thank you.