Re: SSH won't let me connet says "Permission denied (publickey)."

From: Mark Lijftogt (
Date: 10/20/04

    Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:39:28 +0200

    H. S. wrote:
    > Apparently, _Mark Lijftogt_, on 19/10/04 00:52,typed:
    >> Could you run the sshd with the -d option on your router ?
    >> you might see something that the client won't give you.
    > I changed this line in /etc/ssh/sshd_config in the laptop file:
    > #ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
    > Commenting it out(as shown) allowed me to connect to the laptop. Whould
    > this matter in terms of security?

    No, just make sure that your passwords are strong enough (but that goes
    for everything).

    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to

    • Re: keyboard-interactive only authentication
      ... client says No supported authentication methods left ... You need enable ChallengeResponseAuthentication in sshd_config and ... You also need to make sure that your client is configured to try ...
    • How does ChallengeResponseAuthentication actually works ?
      ... How does ChallengeResponseAuthentication actually works? ... I am trying to use this option on both side (client as well server ... side) what additional security does it provides other than key/password ...