Sound card troubles

From: debian (debian_at_searo.be)
Date: 10/26/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:42:18 +0200

    Hello,
    Sound or no sound, that's the question!

    I have a computer :) with debian and kernel 2.6.9 There is also a SB
    PCI64 in the computer so i compiled the kernel for that card.
    (Creative) Ensoniq AudioPCI 1371/1373

    When my computer boots i see this with dmesg:
    Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.6 (Sun Aug 15
    07:17:53 2004 UTC)
    PCI: Found IRQ9 for device 0000:00:10.0
    PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 0000:00:07.2
    Alsa device list:
     #0: Ensoniq AudioPCI ENS1371 at 0x1000, irq9

    So i thought that this has to do it but appearantly there is more
    needed.
    When i perform a cat /dev/sndstat i get
    Cat: /dev/sndstat: No such device

    So i really wondering how i can get this to work.
    I also installed via apt-get the alsa base and the mixer and when i run
    alsaconf i get NO SUPPORTED PnP OR PCI CARD FOUND I tried other PCI
    slots but i don't think i have to search in that direction.

    Help plz!
    Cheers,
    Phil.

    Disclaimer :

    This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s) mentioned as recipient(s).
    If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.
    This e-mail does not constitute any commitment for Sea-Ro Terminal N.V. or its subsidiaries except when expressly otherwise
    agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and the originating subsidiaries of Sea-Ro Terminal N.V.
    Sea-Ro Terminal and each of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

    This mail has been checked for viruses by Symantec and Trend Micro.