something like bsplayer for linux ?

From: Debian (debian_at_searo.be)
Date: 11/02/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:33:06 +0100

    Hello!
    I am using windows and linux and i have backups of my movies in divx
    with subtitles.
    with BSplayer for windows i can play those with the subtitles but i
    don't know any program for linux that can do the same.
    does anyone knows one ?

    cheers,
    Ph.

    • Re: listening to protected audio cds
      ... The store didn't want to refund my money because it was opened but there was no warning on the package saying that the CD could only be played in a Windows computer. ... The clerk told me to install the software and I asked them to get me the Linux version. ... I'm pretty sure that as long as normal audio players can play the CD, the PC CD/DVD drive can play one as well. ... Back when I was using Windows, I've killed autorun immediately upon windows install since '97 or so - so none of the protected CDs ever installed anything. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Another Linux Myth Exposed - Hopeless at playing music ..
      ... RealPlayer will play mp3 but the ui is hopeless. ... Linux is still locked into Nerdland and will not make any impression on ... comes to comparing Linux to Windows. ... install all the apps I need on my AMD64 machine. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: How NOT to use Samba?
      ... >:(To be honest I am really not certain how all the networking stuff ... I get the impression that 'nix IS networking, and that the Windows ... I appreciate that Linux isn't Unix, but for the likes of you and me, I ... I seem to be able to get streamed video, play .avi etc. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: OT: Lets welcome Apple to the 80s
      ... When I used Mac OS, I found it to be a terrible resource hog, unable ... to play modest video full-screen on a mac mini ... you're working in multiple windows, ... linux, but did come across a whole mass of disadvantages, so why ...
      (rec.autos.sport.f1)
    • Re: Why is Linux so Slow?
      ... > I don't think it is memory because I have 1gigabite of memory. ... > I tried kmplayer and kadoodle but they still play jeryk. ... > Windows because I have had nothing but problems with this Linux. ...
      (alt.os.linux)