Lilo boot from second drive?

bmward_at_inet.net.nz
Date: 11/09/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 03:44:34 GMT

    An unusual situation!

    Removable hard drive as primary controller master drive and internal hard drive
    as primary slave. Intention is that if the removable drive (master) is not
    present, system will boot from the slave - and it works well when Windows (98 or
    2k or XP) is installed on slave.

    I can't get it to work for booting Linux on the slave, using LILO. The MBR gets
    read and then the screen fills with '01's.

    Is it possible to boot Linux from the slave drive when the master is not present?
    How?

    Thank you
    Bruce
    Ward

    • Re: Replikations Frage
      ... vom Master auf den Slave kopiert hast und dabei die Permissions auf ... Die Datenbanken auf den Slave Server laufen ohne Probleme. ... # If you want to know which options a program support, ...
      (de.comp.datenbanken.mysql)
    • Re: When caveman Uhg invented fire
      ... be a business owner. ... But even the smallest "ownership" makes one a slave. ... Any "slave" can become the master. ...
      (alt.lang.asm)
    • Re: One-sided authentication for small micros?
      ... The master has a lookup table of all 'known' slave id's. ... This would reset all the slave keys to their lookup values. ... decides that it is a valid slave and starts to communicate with the slave. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: FIXMBR redux
      ... William, I did the best I could for you under the circumstances and I did ... >> "To remove the recovery console, delete the cmdcons folder from the root ... > drive as Master and formatted it anew, as Active and Primary, ... I then jumpered it as Slave, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Device Manager Issue
      ... Changing the jumper to Master only made the primary slave invisible in BIOS ... What does the BIOS read the drives as? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)