Can't mount partition on slave drive

From: downtime null (downtime_at_downtimenull.com)
Date: 11/13/04

    To: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
    Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:06:10 -0600

    I just finished a major update thanks to several of you and to aptitude,
    but now I can't mount my slave drive. It was working before the update,
    now it's not. The entry in /etc/fstab looks fine, but it's not listed in
    the output of 'mount'. I also can't mount it with 'mount /dev/hdb1
    /mountpoint'. I get :

    mount: /dev/hdb1 already mounted or /other busy

    It also does not show up in dmesg. What could be causing this? What can
    I do to fix it?

    Thanks!

    • Re: /usr busy after aptitude operations?
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Cant mount partition on slave drive
      ... > I just finished a major update thanks to several of you and to aptitude, ... show the output of 'mount' and your manual mount attempt. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Cant mount partition on slave drive
      ... >> I just finished a major update thanks to several of you and to aptitude, ... > show the output of 'mount' and your manual mount attempt. ... devpts on /dev/pts type devpts ... tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Trying to Mount New 2-Gig Zenstone MP3 Player
      ... and I haven't been able to mount it to save my soul. ... ZEN STONE FAT32 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • RE: undo rm deleteing /etc very urgent
      ... I got the HD and connect it as slave HD and mount it then I ... > filesystem /etc was stored on. ... And that is to grab the FC install ... To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list -- ...
      (Fedora)