pslib: c++ linking

From: Thomas Ruschival (t.ruschival_at_vivid-md.de)
Date: 11/13/04

    Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:45:49 +0100
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hi, as far as I know I can link all C libraries in C++ as
     well. but I can't get it done with pslib. the exactly same
     code compiles and links with C and it doesn't when I
     use C++.
     This is my linking command:
     gcc -o test -L/usr/lib/ -lps -lstdc++ test.cpp

     and in /usr/lib is definitely the file
     /usr/lib/libps.so -> libps.so.0.2.4

     it all works fine when I compile my file as test.c as C
     code. but with test.cpp I get these errors:

     /tmp/ccSuItDe.o(.text+0x11): In function `main':
     : undefined reference to `PS_boot()'
     /tmp/ccSuItDe.o(.text+0x16): In function `main':
     : undefined reference to `PS_new()'
     [bla bla bla and so on......................]
     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

     this is the stupid little piece of code I wrote after the
     bigger project didn't compile:

     #include <libps/pslib.h>
     main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
     PSDoc* sheet;
     PS_boot();
     sheet = PS_new();
     PS_open_file(sheet,"test.ps");
     PS_set_info(sheet,"Title","HelloWorld");
     PS_begin_page(sheet,841.9,595.3);
     PS_end_page(sheet);
     PS_shutdown();
     };

     what do I do wrong. BTW, I have debian [sid] running.

     desperately asking
     Thomas Ruschival

    • C++/C-library linking (pslib)
      ... as far as I know I can link all C libraries in C++ as well. ... pslib is a library to create Postscript documents. ... it all works fine when I compile my file as test.c as C ... PSDoc* sheet; ...
      (comp.lang.cpp)
    • Re: Difficulties programming a command button
      ... Twice when I tried to compile Access hung and I just ... and selecting 'Yes' opens the Excel file. ... I doubled checked the sheet names to what I had in the ... The name for the control for the equipment is “txtEquipment”. ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
    • RE: Get distinct rows from different worksheets into another works
      ... the error msg is: compile error. ... row must be an exact match for it NOT to copy it to new sheet. ... the other problem is say...the macro has copied 100 distinct rows from sheet ... But what you are saying is that every cell on every row has to be compared ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
    • Re: Prolog & C linking Problem
      ... >> I am trying to compile Prolog and C using plld. ... PL_initialise_ is an undefined reference ...
      (comp.lang.prolog)
    • RE: Get distinct rows from different worksheets into another works
      ... I think maybe you've copied the code into the wrong place in your workbook. ... 'sheet' should show up for you. ... the error msg is: compile error. ... the other problem is say...the macro has copied 100 distinct rows from sheet ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.misc)